Cindy in Repose

Cindy in Repose
Wha's up?

Monday, March 22, 2010

Progress on The Parson's Daughter

The main hold-up on the making of the movie is me. On November 4 I had a small part of my colon removed that was cancerous. I have been on chemotherapy since the first of January. I will remain on chemotherapy until about the middle of July. Chemo treatment has many benefits but also has many side effects that keep a normally very physical and hands-on guy like me on the sidelines.

One, I have to wear a pic line on my right arm. This pic line is necessary because quite often the chemo needs to be run into my blood system conveniently. Doing the physical work of making sure a set is proper or hooking up lights and cameras risk ripping out my pic line doing me damage and setting back the start date. I haven't begun casting yet.

Two, chemotherapy causes a major disruption within one's body. Certainly mine. Half the time I just want to lay down and go to sleep. I don't want much physical activity. I get dizzy sometimes on my feet. As I get used to the chemo, I am able to do more and more. Some days I can't really do anything at all.

So, I am going to wait 'til all this is behind me before I start actually shooting The Parson's Daughter. Nothing creates bad morale with the cast and crew than leadership causing delays. I won't start the movie until I foresee no delays once we start filming. Casting and gettting a crew will start in June. But I need headshots and resumee's for the parts of Cindy, Rafael, and Chappa anytime. The role Ned has been cast. In fact the guy playing Ned is Mark Howell, (see http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1211286/) has that role and, considering his experience, he is a very important advisor to me and all TPD personell. His imdb.com speaks for itself.

There are also some people interested in producing TPD. There is the small possibility that I will just sell the script and let a larger more experienced regular Hollywood production take over if my affliction continues to keep me down. Of course, my dream is to direct this movie. But it may prove out to be more practical to let someone else do it and let me be part of the crew as a story consultant.

No comments: